The Flovac bench-marking tool used to determine operational costs has identified a number of potential area’s where a monitoring system will save costs for the utility. These costs can be very high in some cases and once the monitoring system is used effectively some clients have seen a payback within a year.
- Reduction of I&I into the vacuum system, saving on energy costs and operational problems both at the Vacuum System and at the Treatment Plant
- Operator Hours reduced significantly by identifying the exact location of any faults
- Overtime hours can be reduced by prioritizing call-outs
- Reduced time spent tuning the vacuum system
- Less risks of overflows due to high level alarms means less risk of agency fines or homeowner lawsuits
- Fine tuning of the air entering the vacuum system by selected valves can reduce energy costs
- Identify repeat problems within the network, either specific valves or homeowners.
- It can identify shortcomings with operational training and skills
- Reduced need for spare parts changes. Only change parts when required.